We are expanding our office team and have an opening for an Office Administrator in our busy office. It’s not often that opportunities to work within the office arise, so this is a rare chance to come and join our friendly team to help with the day-to-day running of the Centre.
The successful applicant will take over from the existing Administrator who is moving to a new role, and there is also the opportunity to potentially take on some of the duties of the Finance Officer when they retire later in the year.
Full job description is shown below.
Salary: National Minimum Wage (relevant to age).
Hours: Part-time: 24 hrs a week between 9-5pm Mon-Fri (Flexible on days but ideally includes a Wednesday). There is scope for more hours in the future.
Responsible to: Operations Director.
TO APPLY: Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a hard copy in the post marked ‘Confidential’ and addressed to the Operations Director to: Clwyd Special Riding Centre, Llanfynydd, Flintshire, LL11 5HN.
The closing date for applications is Friday 2nd June 2023.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Administrative/secretarial work to ensure the smooth running of the charity’s office.
• Answering the telephone and relaying messages.
• Dealing with face-to-face and email enquiries.
• Ordering of office supplies.
• Liaising with contractors for annual servicing of equipment.
• Taking of facility hire bookings and taking payments.
• Responding to new participant enquiries and referrals, and processing applications on receipt.
• Corresponding with horse adopters/sponsors, donors and supporters.
• Updating and maintaining databases using Excel and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms.
• Managing Riding for the Disabled (RDA) Group holiday bookings. Liaising with holiday groups, distributing and processing paperwork. Ensuring the accommodation is ready before and after each holiday.
• Providing office support to the CSRC team for events.
• Undertake periodic testing of fire alarms and review of first aid kits.
• Undertake additional duties as determined by the Operations Director.
For the right candidate, there is the opportunity to expand this role and hours to include the finance tasks currently undertaken by our Finance Officer, who will be retiring. Examples of the tasks include:
• Raising invoices for sessions and facility hire.
• Paying bills via BACs, Xero and raising cheques.
• Overseeing the Xero finance system.
• Proven experience in an Administrative Assistant role. This is a fast-paced role that requires commitment and a willing to learn.
• Excellent administration and IT skills. (Proficient in using Word, Excel, Outlook.)
• Proven ability to work to a high standard at all times.
• Able to work well under pressure.
• Able to plan and prioritise work effectively.
• Able to be adaptable and flexible to the needs of CSRC.
• Able to work within given policies and guidelines.
• Knowledge of GDPR and need for confidentiality.
• Able to work effectively alone and as part of a team.
• Able to drive and commute to the Centre.
• Ability to communicate through the medium of Welsh.
• First Aid Certificate (training available).
• Confident people skills.
• Excellent work ethic and time management skills.
• Trustworthy and awareness of need for confidentiality.
• Passionate about the work the charity does.
• Willingness to commit to further personal training and development.
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check will be requested in the event of an individual being offered a position with the charity.